Thursday, October 13, 2005

I am so overdue for a new post. Over the past two weeks I've had experiences that have prompted various level of ponderance (yeah, I doubt that's a word as well...) but none of them seemed to be able to stand alone as issues I wanted to explore more fully. However, in the interest of bridging the time gap between my last post and present time, and in the interest of paying homage to life's smaller moments, I present to the reader a recap of my potentially pointless recent experiences:

* I used my brand new garlic press for the first time yesterday. That little sucker is amazing. I am an average-to- below average cook, but I think that my life might be heading into an upswing.

* I found out that crappy conservative/nasty homophobic/frighteningly uninformed, yet devious groups in Massachusetts have been tricking many people into signing petitions that would allow a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage in 2008. My husband and I were preyed upon outside of a Target store and though I was able to see through their crafty word games: "Don't you think it's important that decisions about marriage are in the hands of the voters?", (Um, no actually, I don't. The "voters" did not have a say in the fact that I got married..) they have been clever and vague enough to get many people to sign this petition. More disturbing, in some situations these people have outright lied to potential signers about the contents of the petition that they are signing. If I ever have to hear one more word about how liberals change their stories to suit their needs...fucking conservative shits.

* My best friend is pregnant and I am beyond thrilled for her. This is not a new development, but one about which I had not previously written. There is a wide expanse of country (many, many Red states) separating the two of us physically, but I am trying to keep tabs as best I can and cheer her on in my ignorant, child-less way. You, go momma-to-be!

* I have recently taken my wee cat to the vet for her first visit so that she can return to be spayed in a few more weeks. Full grown, Lucy weighs in at a darling 6 pounds. She remains a total nightmare during the early morning hours (hair chewing, watch hiding, and glass breaking are regular orders on the menu) but I am hoping that she will come to be a mellower sort once she is free of the influence of her kitty hormones. I just hope my heart doesn't break too much when I take her for the appointment.

* My darling husband is recovering from injuries incurred by a small bit of metal making a home of his left eye. As best we can guess, the offending bit came from his weights (thus proving the fact that exercise is DANGEROUS) during an early morning workout. Without knowing the cause, Terry pushed through day after day of ocular irritation before seeking medical advice. When the doctor realized that the problem was a foreign (and rusting) object, it was determined that it needed to be removed promptly. I accompanied dear hubby to the appointment and gave him the same speech I had given our cat during her recent vet visit: "You were very brave when they had to use the needle. I'm very proud." Terry didn't respond as well to the kiss-y noises and didn't care for an extra round of dry kibbles, but he seemed to appreciate my support nonetheless. Today, I'm happy to report that the injured eye is healing well and that there will likely be no scarring. Go opthamology!


Looking forward to future adventures...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Hmm. I'm looking at the comment from "Anonymous," and I dare say, I think you got comment-spammed, Ms. Lip Lib! Boooo to jerkface spammers!

Hey, thanks for the shout-out on your post! I might know the gender of Wee Baby of M this coming Monday---Halloween---and will let you know immediately if that's the case!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home